Back in the Saddle!

After an exciting summer filled with wedding planning, I was finally able to get into my new classroom today. I had to take a few minutes to soak in my empty classroom.





Don't be fooled, though! Behind all those cupboard doors are boxes upon boxes of "stuff" (truly the only word to describe it) from my two former schools. My goal for today was to assess the situation and see what I really need to accomplish in my room before school starts next Tuesday. Usually, I am in my classroom two or three weeks before school begins so only having 4 days to get ready is new for me! 

I did manage to get 4 bulletin boards covered before I ran out of paper. I am doing my best not to spend a crazy amount of money on paper and borders so I reused the borders from last year. What is cuter than a polka dot, really? I'm planning on getting some lime green paper for the rest of the boards as long as the stock at Scholar's Choice cooperates. 


The other task I began was to sort out the boxes labelled "Misc. Desk Items" and "Random Stuff." I really liked how organized my storage cabinet was last year.

I put all my classroom supplies (pencils, markers, elastics, paper clips, plastic bags...) into their own individual baskets and put those baskets in the supply cupboard. It is so easy to find what I need without having to risk my life each time I open the cupboard. The baskets  are in my office right now but will be moved to the cupboard on the far left of my bank of cupboards as soon as I finish emptying the cardboard boxes. 



One of the things I love about this profession is how supportive teachers can be to one another. This message was left on my chalkboard from the previous music teacher. Love it!

from-math-to-music



Comments

Popular Posts