Solutions for Student Supplies

Nothing makes me crazier than picking up markers and pencil crayons that have been left on the classroom floor. With so many children coming in and out of my classroom, I need a way to keep student supplies like markers, pencil crayons, scissors etc., under control. Check out my student supply shelf.
Student supply shelf, complete with labelled bins

I will be putting all my students into Music Groups. Each member will be assigned a specific job that will make our class run smoothly (more on that later). The baskets I bought a few years ago from The Superstore, however, Dollarama has similar ones. In each basket I placed 6 paper cups (from Walmart). I divided the materials into each cup so that if we need markers for an activity the "Materials Manager" from each group can come to the supply shelf, grab a cup, and return to their group. I'm hoping this will make the groups accountable for each tool they use and will cut down on missing/damaged supplies. 



from-math-to-music

Comments

Popular Posts