Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday is the first day of school and I have had so many lesson ideas running through my head. The biggest thing for me to remember is that I only have 40 minutes to spend with my new students. I have had to think about what I really want them to know by the end of the first class. Really, they need to know a little bit about me and a little bit about their new Music room which is why I thought I'd start with a scavenger hunt. 


I will use my paint chip system to divide students into six groups. Each group will be given a copy of the scavenger hunt and will work together to answer the questions. The questions range from very simple (How many posters are in the room?) to questions that are helpful to me (What are 3 rules you think we should follow?). Students even have an opportunity to ask me some questions about myself or the music program. I think this is a fun way to get them acquainted both with the classroom and with me. 

Click here to see my Classroom Scavenger Hunt. It's completely editable and digital, too!



classroom-scavenger-hunt



from-math-to-music

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts