Cupcakes and Carts

A number of things made me happy today (and the fact that it was Friday wasn't one of them!)

First, my teacher-friend and I were on for Treat Day at school. I went over to her house last night and decorated some cupcakes. I don't usually get very excited about cupcakes but this was a lot of fun. I didn't get home until after 10:30 pm (that is how much fun I was having) and then I was so wound up that I didn't fall asleep until after 1:00 am. We made toadstools, mustaches, Easter baskets, and worms in dirt. 



The other thing that made me happy was being able to use my brand new music stand storage cart. Before today 30 of my music stands were just put in my small practice room. My practice room was pretty well useless because I could never use it unless all the stands were out. I ordered this cart from Music in Motion. It holds 25 stands but is tricky to put together (not that I put it together - the lovely caretaker did it for me with the help of two grade 8s). 

 

My students have never been more excited to help tidy up the stands (although I'm sure the excitement will fade). Take a look at how empty my practice room is. I will now have a space for the kids to practice as well as more room to store things like my new still-in-their-boxes ukuleles.




from-math-to-music

Comments

Popular Posts