Recorder Karate 2013

I started Recorder Karate a few weeks ago with my 5s and 6s. I thought I would share the songs that I use for each belt. Below is a copy of the poster I put up by my Recorder Karate door.


The colour of belts is solely based on the colour of construction paper I had available to cover my door with. (Look for another post soon about my Karate door.) The songs that I use are from the Recorder Resource book. My students all have their own copies of the book, along with the CD, so they are able to practice at home as well as at school.

I usually give the students until the end of May to try for the belts but I will probably add a bonus week depending on how far the kids have gone (or not gone. Whatever the case may be!). I have to start writing report cards at the beginning of June so I like to have all my assessment done ahead of time.

from-math-to-music

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts