Keeping Track of Recorder Karate

The Recorder Karate program is going along nicely! I have a few students who are determined to get their black belts as soon as possible. I really love how those over achievers get the chance to work at their own pace.

Here is what I use for myself to keep a record of which students have achieved which belt. I keep the tracking sheet on a clipboard and hang it on a nail in my office. I write in the date on the day they earn their belts.

To help students motivate each other I have set up a spot on my door with different colours of construction paper that correspond with the Karate Belts. I got the idea for my door from this pin.


Since I am a terrible artist I had one of my Grade 7 students design these "Recorder Dudes."




















Each student wrote their name on their Dude and when they master a belt they get to move their Dude up a level. I used sticky tack to attach them to the construction paper. Next year I plan on painting a large sheet of white paper to make it look prettier but it does the job right now.

from-math-to-music


Comments

Popular Posts