Orange Belt - Doggie Doggie

Here is a variation on the classic Doggie, Doggie game that I used to teach my students to help them earn their Orange Belt for Recorder Karate.

First, I introduced the song in the following way:
  • Clap and say the rhythm
  • Play the song on "B" only
  • Play the whole song using the correct notes and rhythms
Then, we played the game like this:
  • Doggie, Doggie was displayed on the Smart Board
  • One student was selected to be the "Doggie" - they sat at the front of the room with their back to the class
  • I gave one student the bone (a dog toy from Dollarama) and they become the "Thief"
  • The whole class sings "Doggie, doggie, where's your bone? Someone stole it from your home?" and immediately after they play it on their recorders
  • The "Doggie" sings "Who has my bone?" and then plays it on his/her recorder
  • The "Thief" sings "I have your bone!" and then plays it on his/her recorder
  • The "Doggie" gets two chances to guess who the "Thief" is
  • The "Thief" becomes the new "Doggie" and I let the "Doggie" give the bone to someone else
from-math-to-music

Comments

Popular Posts