Making My Mailbox Pretty

Here is a project that I completed yesterday that was not really on my To-Do List. 



I used this mailbox last year to organize student work that I needed to return to them. I found it to be very useful and helped eliminate a million piles of paper on my desk. 


I used some colourful Washi tape to cover up some ugly labels that had been stuck on my mailbox for three years. Needless to say, I was having some trouble taking the labels off and decided that instead of wasting my time (and my fingernails) by peeling and scraping that I would cover the ugliness with some pretty tape. 


Can I say how much I love binder clips? I covered some large clips with two strips of grey Washi Tape and wrote the name of each class on the clip with a Sharpie. I then attached each clip to a shelf on the mailbox. Please note that the reason I didn't start with my Grade 8's on the very top is because I can't see into this shelves. They are too high! 

I am planning on using the extra shelves to store extra handouts and other random pieces of paper. I'm quite pleased with how the mailbox turned out. Now on to some tasks that were actually on my To-Do List.

from-math-to-music

Comments

Popular Posts