Monday Music Manipulatives - Singing/Speaking Signs

Here's another Linky Party you can check out over at Lindsey's Pursuit of Joyfulness blog. It is all about using manipulatives in the music classroom. 



I just made these signs this morning to use with my kindergarten class tomorrow. They were super easy! I used Microsoft clip art for the speaking and singing pictures (you can't tell from my amazing photography but there is a speech bubble coming out of the mouth of the cartoon character on the picture on the left) and taped a popsicle stick to the back side of one of the pictures. I then glued the opposite picture on the back to create these double-sided signs. I printed them on cardstock and probably should laminate them but most likely I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the kids don't destroy them. 



We will be focusing on differentiating between speaking and singing voices. The students will listen to excerpts of six songs featuring either a speaking voice or a singing voice and will hold up the corresponding sign. Nothing too fancy here but I'm hoping it will help all my little kindies to participate and show their learning.

from-math-to-music





Comments

  1. Cute! I am working on our four voices right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I am working on our four voices right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! The kindies did pretty well with them today. One thing I didn't really think about was the fact that it can be confusing for them to hold them up since the opposite side is facing them. I may tweak them and double-side them with the same image on both sides and give them each two signs instead of the one. I will be checking your blog for more voice channel ideas (no pressure! ha ha).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts